Home > Famous houses in america > Harmony House Inn


Harmony House Inn



The Harmony House Inn an 8,000 square foot, located in New Bern, is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The Harmony House was owed by Francis Lamotte in 1809 and was later purchased by Benjamin Ellis in 1850. As the Ellis family consite of many members the house was expanded and porches were built. Within few years the Wall was built dividing the house into two sections.

The double front doors and hallways are the only hint of its strange architectural past. After few years The Harmony House was occupied by Company K of the 45th Massachusetts Regiment and Sooki Kirkpatrick, who bought the inn in 1994, have added two new suits and also retained the homely touches.

Sooki ideas of coloring the walls gave the house a personal touch. The harmony house has seven guest rooms and three suites Each suite has a king sized bed and a queen sized pullout soft bed and a sitting area. This house is ideally suitable for families.

The Living Room has a lot of space for relaxment having a beautiful music playing in the background. The Harmony House Inn offers 10 spacious guest rooms.

There is also one more suite which is a new one in which a four poster king sized bed and a two person, heart-shaped Jacuzzi in the bathroom. Each room is built and decorated in an highly technical manner by Sooki kirkpatrick. Each room is different from another and spacious rooms are filled with antiques. All rooms have the same first-class amenities All bathrooms are located in the room or suite.